Dual Eugene sex trafficking leads to arrest

US Attorney, Oregon District, Press Release

Anthony Ballard Jones, 36, was sentenced to 78 months in federal prison for the interstate transport of individuals for prostitution and being a felon in possession of a firearm. Jones will serve a five year term of supervised release upon the conclusion of his prison sentence.

According to court documents, Jones transported two adult female victims from Idaho to Oregon so they could engage in commercial sex acts. His first victim had been with Jones for approximately eight months prior to Jones’ arrest, and Jones met his second victim in Boise, Idaho, in March 2015. She was homeless at the time, and Jones offered her drugs and convinced her that prostitution could make her rich. After originally telling Jones that she did not want to engage in prostitution, she later agreed to do so.

Jones would talk menacingly about “regulating” his victims and keeping them “in check” in order to intimidate them. On March 7, 2015, at a motel in Eugene, a planned commercial sex act fell apart when the second victim decided not to participate. The John became upset, started tearing at the second victim’s clothing, and threatened to return with a gun. After this incident, Jones threatened to leave the second victim stranded in Oregon if she did not continue to engage in prostitution. The police investigated the disturbance at the motel and subsequently contacted Jones. Jones, a convicted felon, was found in possession of a pistol and was arrested.

Jones previously pleaded guilty to one count each of interstate transport for prostitution and felon in possession of a firearm on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.

This case was investigated by the FBI and Eugene Police Department, and prosecuted by Jeffrey S. Sweet, Assistant U.S. Attorney for the District of Oregon.

Disclaimer: Articles featured on Oregon Report are the creation, responsibility and opinion of the authoring individual or organization which is featured at the top of every article.