By Randy Alcorn
Eternal Perspectives Ministry
The following is from a church in Israel that Nanci and I attended years ago. We got to know the founder and pastor, and I believe this information to be trustworthy:
October 16, 2023
As of this writing, Israel has not entered into Gaza by ground yet. The Israeli army is waiting, giving more time for the innocent citizens of Gaza to flee south (near Egypt), thus escaping the war zone. Day after day, the IDF [the Israel Defense Forces] is strongly urging the civilians to flee. The army goal is to obliterate Hamas only, not the people of Gaza.
We are a resilient people, but right now, our hearts are shattered at the depth of barbarism that occurred on October 7. More than two thousand Hamas terrorists slaughtered innocent families who were hiding in their homes, burning them alive and beheading babies, as well as brutally kidnapping many of them to Gaza. They kidnapped soldiers, entire families, shot parents in front of the children then dragged the children off to Gaza after just seeing their parents killed in cold blood. The pictures and stories are beyond our capacity to digest. The numbers are devastating: 1,300 died, 3,842 injured as of this writing. One hundred ninety-nine families have been informed their relative was kidnapped. Currently, some of them are in critical condition, not receiving proper care. There is no one in Israel who doesn’t know someone impacted by this war. The state of Israel is devastated and in mourning, with funerals happening non-stop. Never before have so many Jewish citizens been murdered in one day since the Holocaust, and the rockets are still being fired into Israel, over 6,300 up till now.
In the midst of all the atrocities, there are miracles that are taking place every day. Soon, we look forward to sharing them with you. But until then, please continue to pray for God’s shelter from the arsenal storm of the enemy. We take comfort that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but they are mighty through God’s mighty outstretched arm, and the prayers of the saints.
When you see Israelis say “Am Yisrael Chai,” we are declaring that “the People of Israel Live.” We know it is because of the Grace of God alone. Together we bow in prayer and praise, to Him to care for us, to protect us, to heal our land.
Join us in praying for:
- A wall of prayer to hold back Hezbollah, Iran, and Syria from opening a front in the north.
- Security and protection for the soldiers and citizens as we enter into Gaza by ground forces.
- Protection and salvation for the innocent civilians of Gaza.
- That accurate news will be disseminated throughout the world and not propaganda causing people to believe lies and get into fear.
- For the shock and trauma to lift off and healing and comfort to take place throughout Israel.
- The body of Yeshua to be united both in Israel and the world to pray against the schemes of the devil.
- Believers to be able to share our Faith, and the people receive the Hope and Love of our Savior.
“Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; when I fall, I will arise; When I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me.” (Michah 7:8)
And here are more prayer requests this church sent last week:
- Pray for the young people who have been called up to active military service as well as their families who see them off knowing how devastating this conflict is. Joining with the soldiers who are already in service. There are many from our congregation and all the congregations in Israel being called up daily.
- Pray for the soldiers, for wisdom and discernment when looking for the terrorists who are still hiding in the villages and other places through the country.
- Pray for the kidnapped soldiers and citizens, many elderly, women, small children, for their safety and quick release.
- Pray for a wall of fire, for protection against the intervention of Hezbollah, the Muslim Shihad from Lebanon, allies of Iran, that they will not open another front against Israel from the North.
- Our families and friends living in the south where the devastation is the most extensive. Pray they are safe, out of harm’s way and will be healed of post-traumatic stress. All of them will have friends/relatives that they celebrated the holidays with, now gone.
- Our government and military to make wise, long-lasting decisions that honors God, seeks His help and wisdom to defeat the enemy and save our troops.
- Many families lost their home along with all their belongings. Pray they God will supply and provide for them.
- For the body of Yeshua to unite and be the light to their friends and family. Going through this trauma as well, for God to give them the strength to give out.
Disclaimer: Articles featured on Oregon Report are the creation, responsibility and opinion of the authoring individual or organization which is featured at the top of every article.